My Listings : Custom Flyers
What is it?
The Custom Flyer page allows agents to quickly and easily create a printable custom flyer for each residential listing that they have with the MLS. The interactive design center gives you the ability to select and compose custom content that will appear on the flyer. The content that you choose for your flyer appears in real-time as you pick features and themes, compose text and add photos. Once you are satisfied with the content and design of the flyer, you can print as many copies as you want as well as save the flyer design so that you can retrieve at a later date.
NOTE: There is limited space on the flyer page for you to compose content. You have the ability to use the available space, for example, to select many features in the pick list or choose a few features and compose free form text to describe the property. The ability to see your additions and changes in real-time will allow you to decide the appropriate amount of content for your flyer.
How do I use it?
The Custom Flyer page is divided into two sections:
1. The section on the right is called the Design Center. This is the section where you choose the content that will appear on the flyer.
2. The section on the left is a visual representation of the actual flyer. As you add content from the Design Center, the content will appear in real-time on the left-hand side of the page.
Property Selection, Save and Print
1. Under the page label "Custom Flyers" is a drop down menu that allows you to choose one of your listed properties for flyer creation. Remember, ONLY on-market residential properties will appear in the drop down menu.
2. To the right of the property drop down menu are icons to save your flyer and to print your flyer.
Flyer Design Center Components
1. Select Theme - This drop down allows you to select a background theme for your flyer. TIP: If you do not want a background image, select "No Theme" at the bottom of the list and your background will print white.
2. Select Photos - This section allows you to pick the photos that you want displayed on the flyer. A maximum of 5 images can be displayed on the flyer.
a. Photo 1 - Displays on top the background image at the top of the page
b. Photo 2 - Displays along the left-hand side of the page in the top position
c. Photo 3 - Displays along the left-hand side of the page in the second position
d. Photo 4 - Displays along the left-hand side of the page in the third position
e. Photo 5 - Displays along the left-hand side of the page in the bottom position
To choose which photos display in each position, click the "Select Different" link above each photo. When the link is clicked, a pop-up window will allow you to view all photos that are available for the property that you have selected. Once you see the photo you want, click the "Select Photo" button to select the photo.
TIP: If you do not want a photo to display in a specific spot, just uncheck the box above the photo. This will remove the photo from the flyer.
3. Property Details - This section allows you to describe the property and choose data points to include on the flyer.
a. Include Headline - This text input field allows you to give the flyer a title. Click into the input box and begin typing. The text that you compose will appear at the top of the flyer. NOTE: There is a limit to the number of characters that you can type. Once you have reached the character limit, the additional characters will not appear on the flyer.
b. Include Subheadline - This text input field allows you to compose additional information about the property. This text appears directly below the theme image.
NOTE: There is a limit to the number of characters that you can type. Once you have reached the character limit, the additional characters will not appear on the flyer.
c. Property Attributes - This information includes ML number, number of beds and baths and year built.
TIP: To show or hide any information in the Property Details section, simply check or uncheck the box next
4. Property Features - This section is a pick list of features that relate to your property.
5. Additional Features - This section allows you to describe any features that relate to your property that are not available in the Property Features section.
NOTE: Much like the Headline and Subheadline input boxes, there is a limit to the number of characters that you can type. Once you have reached the character limit, the additional characters will not appear on the flyer.
6. Property Description - This is a field that allows you to describe the property in your own words. NOTE: There is a limit to the number of characters that you can type. Once you have reached the character limit, the additional characters will not appear on the flyer.
7. Agent Information - This section allows you to include information about yourself so that the recipient of the flyer can make contact. To include a specific data point, simply check the box beside the information that you want to show. If you need to update any information about yourself, click the "Change Information" link to the right. Clicking this link will take you to the Account Settings section where you can update your information.
8. Choose Accent Color - This section allows you to choose the accent color at the bottom of the flyer and select the color of the disclaimer text.
How to choose an accent color:
NOTE: If you know a precise color that you need for your flyer, use the RGB, HSB or Hex (#) inputs to specify the values that are required.
TIP: Select the "White Text" option in conjunction with dark background colors. Select the "Black Text" option in conjunction with light background colors.
Ready, Set, Print!
When you are satisfied with the content of your flyer, click the "Print" link. A PDF document will be created that allows you to print as many copies as you want.
NOTE: Most office and home printers do NOT print "full bleed." This means that when you print your flyer, the printer that you are using WILL put a white border around the flyer. This is a limitation of most printers and is not a defect with the Listingbook flyer product.
The text that I am typing into the input box does not fully display on the flyer. What's wrong? All text input boxes have character limits. In the case of the Headline, Subheadline and Additional Features, the text is designed to fit on one line. In the case of the Property Description, you can free up additional space by reducing the number of Property Details, Property Features or Additional Features that you have selected to place on the flyer.
The Property Detail information is not correct. How do I change it? This information is pulled directly from the MLS. If a data point is incorrect, please change it within your MLS system. The changes may take at least 30 minutes to appear in Listingbook.
There are less than 5 different photos to choose from. How do I add more? The photos are pulled directly from the MLS. If you need more photos for your flyer, please upload more within your MLS system. The additional photos may take at least 30 minutes to appear in Listingbook.
Listingbook has been configured to print using the default settings of both your operating system (Microsoft Windows or Apple OS X)and your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari). If you are experiencing printing issues, please consult your operating system or browser documentation to revert your print settings.